Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Jordana Stein


“I will instruct you and teach you
in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.”
Psalm 32:8

PENIEL BIBLE INSTITUTE, NEW TRIBES MISSION OF BRAZIL (MINAS GERAIS)



Dear Friends!

God has done wonderful things! It is with a grateful heart and great joy that I would like to share how God has worked in my life in the last few years, especially, in relation to missions.
A few years ago a desire began growing in my heart to be personally involved in missions. After I had the opportunity to serve during summer vacation at PV-Sul (Word of Life of South Brazil), a strong desire to serve the Lord in missionary work began to take hold of my heart and life.
In many ways, God had been showing me that more study was necessary to prepare myself professionally in a technical field. I continued in this direction and completed the Curso Técnico de Enfermagem (Technical Nursing Course). My thought was to be able to use this course in missionary work someday in the future if God would permit. Two years have now gone by. When I look back I can see how God worked in my life, how He poured out His grace in my life. He is “able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.” (Ephesians 2:20) I have discovered that the closer I walk with God, the more my heart beats for missions.
In July of this year (2012) I completed the nursing course. At last I am ready to dedicate my time to prepare myself theologically. Even in this God has changed my plans. After a long period of time seeking the Lord’s direction and learning to trust and rest in Him, it became clear that God was closing some doors and opening others in relation to which Bible college I should attend. After a waiting period I had the opportunity recently to visit the New Tribes Seminary in Minas Gerais (a state in central Brazil) for the second time. It is a Bible college committed to cross-cultural missions with unreached people groups. This includes indigenous tribes and needy people and works also in small churches. While visiting I could see that God was directing me to study at this Bible school and I have peace about this decision. Because I have peace that I am following the will of God for my life, I wanted to communicate with you, my brothers and sisters and dear friends in Christ that I am planning to enroll in the school in January of 2013. My sincere desire is that I would be molded into the image of Christ and be better prepared for ministry.
I ask that you intercede for me, that God would continue to work in my life, that I would grow more and more in wisdom and that I would be able to continue in the center of the will of God. Pray that God would raise up people who can help with my support while I study.
I am certain that “Faithful is He who calls you who also will do it,” (I Thess. 5:24).  God bless you.

With love,

Jordana Stein

--------------------------------------
*Jordana is a dear friend of ours, is a member of Igreja Bíblica Batista Vida Nova in Campo Bom. We are thankful for our friendship with her and excited to see how God is going to use her, not to mention what exciting things she is going to learn about during the years to come. 
*Learn more about the Instituto Bíblico Peniel of Novas Tribos do Brasil here. Our sister Rubenita is a graduate of this school. 
*Jordana is putting together a blog as well, though it is still under construction, check back here from time to time. (Don´t worry, google knows how to translate, more or less!)

No comments: