Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grace has brought us safe thus far. . .





We made it to Wisconsin! :) We're en route to the consulate - praise the Lord! - and are spending the night close by before heading to downtown Chicago tomorrow. Thanks so much for continuing in prayer for us as we go. We are completely sure that God will provide the visas in His timing. He has already provided for each need (large or small) that we have had each step of the way. "Expect God to provide for your needs, whatever they are."

Yesterday I, Denielle, was able to host a bridal shower for Debra! It was soooo much fun! I went crazy shopping for the food items and prizes. . .Jon had fun encouraging me to "do it right." :) We had it at my aunt's beautiful home. . .it was perfect! :) Deb's a beautiful bride and I am thrilled for the work that God has done in her life and Joe's life and how He's brought them together.
The wedding is in like 12 days (it's on July 4th). As you can imagine, the frenzy level at the Ortler home is steadily increasing day by day. Jon especially is glad to get out of the hormone chaos for a few days while we're on our trip. These days he only has to deal with ElliAnna and me. :) :) :)
ElliAnna's latest tricks are to roll over (only when she really really wants to get something), sit up unassisted (she does well until she looks over to the side - then she topples), play peekaboo with Daddy, soundly fall asleep by herself in her bed, make a choice about what toy to play with, and realize that the food that goes into her parents' mouths really could go into hers as well (if we'd let it). :)
Speaking of food, have you ever tried Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream? Jon just bought a little for a treat -yum!

(I sure can never figure out how to format my posts. Thanks for bearing with me. :))

2 comments:

7harts01 said...

I love the pix! I can't believe she's sitting up all by her self! How cool! She is growing up too fast, your going to have to have another one!=)
I hope that your trip went well and you had everything that they needed! Praying for you and love you!

Jenny said...

Cute Pictures...ElliAnna is getting so big..just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you!!